Color ME MINE

Q1 How did you choose the specific types of food for each portrait? What is their significance? Explain – be specific! (3 sentences min.) For the first one, there really is no significance because my partner chose it. For the second one I chose the apple for my dad because I knew that when i turned it black and white and left the apple the original color would pop and catch the eye of certain people. Other than that there is no major significance for the foods I chose.

Q2 Consider the lighting in your photographs. What was the light source in each of your photos. What time of day? How did it affect the mood and atmosphere of the portraits? Explain – be specific!  (3 sentences min.) For the first picture, we chose a certain area it because the light was facing us and it would add certain features to the photo it was around 12 p.m. For the second picture, it was in the morning at 7 a.m. and we turned on the lights above the oven for better lighting to make the color pop out.  I think it affected certain moods because it made both photos pop.

Q3 Think about the composition of your photos. Name the composition technique you used for each photo. Why did you choose to crop your photos as shown? Be specific! (3 sentences min.) For the second photo, I used the rule of thirds and cropped my photo because it was too vertical.  For the first photo, I used the Fill the Frame rule because I got close up to my subject. I cropped both photos to have more color in the photo.

Q4 How do the colors and color splash technique in your photographs contribute to the overall impact of the images? Why did you choose to mask the specific areas in color for each photo? Be specific!  (3 sentences min.) The color splash helped make my photos better because when I added the color it made the photo pop more and caught my eye. I chose to mask the photos when I removed the background. When i did this and added color, it made the photos pop more in color.

Q5 Consider the technical aspects of your photography, such as focus (lens size 75-300(lg) or 18-35(reg), or iphone mode/focus), depth of field (blurry background), and exposure (value in PS adjustment of your black, grays, whites). How did you use these techniques to enhance your images? Be specific! (3 sentences min.) For my iPhone, I used portrait mode to get a clear focus on my subject so I didn’t need to do so much editing. For the camera I used lens focus 75-300 and when I used this it also helped me get a better focus and not need to do so much editing. For the most part, I used certain techniques where I didn’t need to edit as much.

Q6 What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting food portraits? Be specific! (3 sentences min.) I would say to make sure you get good focus on your photos so that you don’t need to have to do so much editing. I would also say to choose certain foods that hve a distinct color so that when you add the color back the photo pops more. I would also say make sure you know how to work phoitoshop.