Mr. Brightside

Shadow Reflection through Glass

Water Beads

Oil and Water

Refraction

Answers to the Shadow Reflection Image

What is the distinct mood of the photograph?    

The distinct mood in the photograph that stands out to me is calmness. Calmness stands out to me because the photo isn’t doing a lot, what I mean by that is I didn’t have to make so many edits to make it better than the original photo. I also think it is calm because of the colors because they both mix to make a calm color.

What does the photo make you think about? This photo makes me think about Nov. 6 at 4:45pm. This is because I had hockey practice with my fellow OP brothers, and it brought me joy being together with everyone and making memories. This image makes me remember that day. It also makes me think about looking up while driving at the sky and seeing the cool colors that mix.

What in the photo jumps out at you? To me, the mixing of the colors stands out to me. They jump out at me because since they mixed it adds more details to the photos. It also jumps out at me because in the middle where the color meets the mixing of the color creates a new photo.

How does the photo make you feel? The photo makes me feel relaxed. It makes me feel relaxed because the photo makes me think about a nice cool night looking out the window and feeling the breeze blowing on my face. It makes me feel very relaxed.

What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting abstract photography?  I would say to try and not do too much to make a photo stand out. I think that if you do the small things to make the photo stand out to the viewers. I would also say try and get everything in the photo and make things colorful to make things pop.

6 thoughts on “Mr. Brightside

1. I like how different the refraction picture is. The color really stands and pops out to me. The picture is pleasing to look at because of the mixing of the blue and pink colors.

2. I would say that the picture could be a little more centered. On the right side of the picture I see a space of darkness that has nothing to do with the picture. Using the rule of thirds you can assure that it will be centered.

3. Firstly, I would advise the photographer to use the rule of thirds when taking pictures. I would advise the photographer to crop their photos if they are not already centered. The photographer could have easily cropped it to be perfect.

4. What I like most is all of the colors used. The image is also super straight and clear. The beads also have a cool effect with the light. One thing that could be better is centering the bowl more. This would put more focus on the colors. This would make the painting better. I really do not have any advice. All I would say is to make the bowl more straight. Also remove anything that would be in the background of the image.

5. I love the 2 different colors. The shadow is beautiful. I think a lower angle would’ve been better. One main thing is the blurriness. It is a very easy fix. I think if you use the long lens it will be better. One piece of advice is to try different lenses. Sometimes the different lens could be better. I think you’re a good photographer.

6. Something you liked?: I like how the two different colors mix and create an interesting photo. I looked back at the photo lots of times to see the mixture of red and purple. The shadow is also great because it brings a mysterious feeling when looking at the picture.

Something you thought could’ve been done better?:I believe the photo could have been centered, the picture should have been cropped as well. This exposed the background and took away the feeling of the photo slightly. I also believe that there could have been a better angle to take the picture, but it was still a good photo

Advice: The photographer should try out multiple angles before deciding on one. Also, make sure to center the photo so that the background doesn’t expose it. Great job otherwise!